Cross-border IDEA & START-UP Contest 2022
Wednesday, 9. March 2022
This is about entrepreneurial activities and ideas that can help cities and municipalities from both border regions achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. This offers a unique opportunity to implement ideas to promote sustainable development and respond to current societal challenges with the support of the Upper Austrian State Government and the support of the South Bohemian Region. The grand finale of the "Cross-Border Idea & Start-up Contest" will take place on Monday 19 September 2022 in Linz, with significant media support for all presented competition ideas.
2 categories announced:
- Start-ups (max. 5 years of company existence) with innovative products (products / services) that have the potential to support sustainable regional development and bring new added value to society / community
- Prospective, new business ideas or project plans aiming at the same goals as start-ups, without the existence of a legal entity for their implementation yet, but with the potential for the future creation of an independent business entity.
The competition is open to business ideas and thoughts from Upper Austria and the South Bohemia Region. Participating projects must have their registered office or business premises (or the intention to register a registered office/business premises in the initial phase of starting a business) in Upper Austria or South Bohemia. The impact of the project on the sustainable development of the regions and the likelihood of its realisation will be assessed.
AWARDS (3 awards)
- Upper Austrian State Government € 10.000 (for the category START-UP)
- South Bohemian Region € 10.000 (for the category IDEA)
- Raiﬀeisenlandesbank OÖ € 10.000 (for the best cross-border solution from both categories)
Each winning team will receive an additional 5 hours of mentoring / coaching from the competition's innovation partners, Austrian tech2b or the South Bohemian Science and Technology Park (JVTP), with a focus on further project development in both regions.
- for the competition can be done at via on-line form or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application form includes a brief business plan of the project entered in the Business Canvas form. Applications for the competition will be accepted from 24 March 2022, but no later than 29 April 2022 (in English).
Invitation from Upper Austria
Invitation from South Bohemia