Business Upper Austria – Medical Technology Cluster
Business Upper Austria – OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH, Medical Technology Cluster
The MedTech-Cluster is the main interface between industry, science and medicine. In total, the MTC’s network consists of approx. 230 partners, whereby the MedTech-Cluster’s aim is to bring together relevant players from the MedTech-industry in order to doing business together, i.e. becoming mutual cooperation partners in either regional, national or international projects. Since 2002, when the Cluster was founded, there has been a total number of 84 ideas, coming from MedTech stakeholders, which were turned into successful projects.
Dipl. Betriebswirtin (FH Frauke Wurmböck, MBA
+43 664 8481279
Fostering MedTech. networks for knowledge transfer, for exchange of experience, for sustainable cooperation on strategic and policy level as well as on operational (cross-sectoral) project level involving our members.
- Collecting and preparing information relevant to your business sector
- Press and public relations
- Knowledge transfer through hosting events, seminars and workshops
- Demand-oriented qualifications and training with specific courses and training
- Exchange of experience
- Cooperation projects
- Sales and internationalisation activities
Equipment / infrastructure
Basic overview of the technology background, equipment and infrastructure available:
- Exchange experience and knowledge & acquire skills
- Potential analysis
- Finding partners
- Environment analysis
- Conquer markets
See here for more information
Best practices / case studies of cooperation
MED UP - Medical Upper Austria
- The primary goal is to establish an institutionalised form of cooperation so that the medical, research and industry sectors provide each other with impulses and are enabled to make their maximum contribution to strengthening Upper Austria as a health, science, business and technology location.
- The "Medical EDUcation in Surgical Aneurysm clipping (MEDUSA)" lead project, which is endowed with € 2.3 million, is to develop a hybrid simulator that offers a versatile - maximally realistic - training opportunity for neurosurgeons by combining the real and virtual worlds.
- In the "MedTech Incubator" as a sector-specific start-up programme for MedTech start-ups, MedTech start-ups are supported in the implementation of their idea, the development of a regulatory strategy and a business concept tailored to it, as well as the acquisition of further funding.
Digital Health Call
- The goal is to use the latest digital technologies, artificial intelligence and supporting systems in a meaningful way in all areas of life, especially also in the health sector. The Digital Health Call provides funding for cooperative projects in the focus area "The Digital Patient Journey".
Innovation, Cooperation, Projects, Network, Digital Health, Medical Materials, Start-Ups, MedTech-Inkubator, MedTech, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Engineering