ENKI, o.p.s. focuses its activities on sustainable landscape management aimed at restoring reservoir ecosystems, pond management and the use of natural and artificial wetlands. It is also involved in solar and landscape energy and restoration of landscapes disturbed by mining. It also focuses on outreach, education and innovation programmes. ENKI, o.p.s. is the operator of the Science and Technology Park in Třeboň (formerly the Třeboň Innovation Centre).
Private / public sector services:
- Design and evaluation of adaptation measures to climate change based on knowledge and monitoring of solar energy fluxes and vegetation function. Recommendation of measurement methods and affordable instrumentation.
- Sustainable pond management, monitoring and management design, fish stocking design, management of natural bathing habitats with respect to water quality.
- Hydrobiological and ecological assessment of reservoirs including phytoplankton and zooplankton determination.
- Biological and ecological supervision, biological transfers, feasibility studies, conceptual studies, etc.
- Restoration of mining-disturbed landscapes and their water regime - revitalisation design and monitoring.
- Use of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing in agriculture, forestry, for state administration.
- Inspection of the structure to identify parts of the structure that will become hazardous waste or may be a source of hazardous waste when removed from the structure or to identify materials that can be reused.
- Assessment of the hazardous properties of waste
- Education and awareness through accredited courses (accreditation No: AK/I-9/2021) and lectures
- Organisation of conferences and seminars, rental of conference rooms
- Training and innovation programmes and technology transfer into practice, especially in the introduction of progressive high-tech technologies and ecotechnologies
Services of an accredited testing laboratory:
- sampling and analysis of surface, drinking and bathing water
- sampling of sediment, agricultural soil, construction and demolition waste, etc.
Equipment / infrastructure
- Mobile field station for measuring temperature and energy fluxes at the Earth-atmosphere interface
- Testing laboratory - measurement of basic physicochemical parameters, major ions in water samples, determination of phytoplankton and zooplankton
- Experimental laboratory - instrument servicing, microscopy, teaching
- Off-road vehicle with mobile transport box for transporting fish and other aquatic animals
- Airborne thermal imaging including software for evaluation
- Field equipment for collection and determination of basic physicochemical parameters of water samples.
- Field equipment for sampling of solid matrices (sediment, soil, debris...), probes, boat with engine, catamaran, 3D sonar
- Special depth probe for sediment sampling from great depths (50m).
Best practices / case studies of cooperation
- Fishing enterprises (Rybářství Třeboň, a.s., Hluboká nad Vltavou, Rybářství Kardašova Řečice…)
- Plosab, s.r.o.
- Sokolovská uhelná, a.s.
- R-Princip Most, s.r.o.
- Hydro& Kov s.r.o.
applied research, water management in the landscape, solar and landscape energy, pond management, use of natural and artificial wetlands, science and technology park, thermal imaging, local climate, testing laboratory, education, education, sediment, waste management